zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, April 18, 2008

Indy Unleashed #11

 
 

via NeuFutur Magazine by admin on 3/21/08

Indy Unleashed #11 - Half sized, 12 pages.
Unlike Issue 30 of The Ten Page News, which I reviewed in my last outing, Indy Unleashed has a pseudo-narrative that all of the zine reviews fall into. This is his attendance at the UPC Zine convention and the SPACE convention, and he seems to pick out some excellent zines and comics to feature reviews on. I know I?m doing a lot of dangling participles, but I?m tired. Give me a break. Owen?s zines are by and large some of the cheapest and best out there for their brevity and sheer number of reviews per page, and yet even go into intimate personal detail about each and every zine that he receives. In what is one of the more innovative little blurbs in the magazine, Owen, in the inside back cover, goes and draws out a layout of the UPC convention from memory. This is reminiscent of all of the aried ways that I used to fill space when I ran Amish Drive-By, a zine that was lucky enough to be reviewed by Owen in a prior issue of Indy Unleashed. Finally, capping off the zine are lyrics from a Bob Dylan song, copped directly from the http://www.bobdylan.com web site, for reasons that are not explained in this issue of Indy Unleashed

Rating:7.3/10


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog