zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Monday, October 12, 2009

Abort #21

via Somnambulist Zine by noreply@blogger.com (martha grover) on 10/11/09

A common complaint from me: that dialogue in fiction does not represent the way that people actually talk, that description gets in the way of narrative, that if the reader has to stop and notice the words they are reading than the author has failed in some way. Well, after reading Abort #21, I'm scrapping those complaints. I loved Jonathon's latest zine, a collection of artfully written horror stories. I loved how Jonathon could make even a guy trying to fall asleep riveting and engaging, or a conversation between a mother and daughter while they shuck corn, tense and suspenseful. Well done Jonathon! You can buy Abort by writing to Jonathon. I'm not sure how much his zines cost but you can reach him at:
Jonathon Spies,
45 E 7th st #106
new york, ny 10003



1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks! I know I am seeing this two years too late, but I rarely get on the internet! Also, I've moved to POB 435 New York, NY 10276! And now I am having a sneezing fit! Achoooooo!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog