zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, September 16, 2011

Zine Showcase #21 from Oh My Clumsy Heart by Sophie


Zine Showcase #21





Jessee John
Shop
Chalk Thoughts :: $5 + shipping

This handmade, 20 page colour photographic zine has encouraged me to get back into zine making. The style ofChalk Thoughts is inspiring; from the rough edges (machine-sewn binding) to the mixed-media photography to the (overly emotional) quotes and half filled pages - everything pulls together and looks outstandingly supreme.







Kaori Mitsushima
Website :: Shop
Cats I Know :: $5 + shipping

Cats, cats, cats! 44 black and white cat illustrations pulled from the blog of Kaori Mitsushima. Cats - what more could you possibly want?







Philip Dearest
DeviantArt :: Shop
Off My Meds :: $6 + shipping


Philip Dearest stopped taking his medication and this is the "vulgar, weird and wonderful" result. Off My Medsincludes 37 illustrations with a cover design by Karl Kwasny. Thankfully Philip sent me several zines (and one of the best cover letters I have ever received) because I cannot get enough of his alarmingly frantic, absolutely brilliant illustration work. The perverse meets sexual deviancy meets internal angst, producing the most sordid (and wickedly delightful) zine. Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog