zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, September 2, 2011

The Filth #2


The Filth #2
8 ½ x 11, 22 pages, $?
It’s not really my thing, but it might be yours. The Filth is a collection of stories, poems, and artwork by various authors and artists. The majority of the offerings have a dark or even demented tone. None of them really excited me, though there is promise in much of the writing. My lack of interest in this is probably mostly because my main interest is non-fiction, which might explain why my favorite piece in this zine was by a woman discussing how her life as a young mother is not the life she dreamed of having. It was a very honest and revealing piece – worth reading. I like the idea behind this zine, and it definitely has potential. Please do support it if you feel so inclined.
The Filth
5 Mira Court
Baltimore MD 21220
USA
www.wix.com/the_filth/zine
thefilthsubmissions@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog