zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two New Zines!

I'm happy to (finally!) announce that I have two new zines completed!


Not Lonely #6

This issue of Not Lonely is largely concerned with a recent trip I made to Holland. I write about getting there (despite a fear of flying), exploring Rotterdam and Amsterdam and going to a fairytale-themed amusement park, the Efteling. I talk about differences between British and Dutch culture and wonder if I'd like to move over there. There is also an (unrelated) item about books I loved as a child, as well as the "usual" handwritten introduction. The zine was made cut-and-paste style with lots of different layouts, collages and photos from my Holland excursion.

A6 (quarter-sized), 40 pages, pretty text-heavy.

Some pictures from inside the zine:





























*****


The Malcontents' Book Club #1

The Malcontents' Book Club is like a book blog, only in zine form. Within it I review (often scathingly) 10 books, including fiction, memoirs and nonfiction. If you enjoyed the book article in Not Lonely #4 then you'll love this! The zine is made cut and paste style with lots of different collages and layouts.

A6 (quarter sized), 40 pages, pretty text-heavy.

Some pictures from inside the zine:





























You can buy both zines from my new etsy shop, or email me (not_lonely_zineATyahoo.co.uk) about trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog