zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Closing in on 42 and still doing it

 
 

via Everyone's Blog Posts - We Make Zines by Nick Cato on 11/28/09
Someone saw my recently-added page here and said, "Nick, I can't believe you're still doing this stuff." I took it as a compliment. I did my first fanzine in 1980 (I was 12 at the time), then had a ten-year run from 81-91 with a SINGLE title, took some time to get married and have kids, then did another print zine from 03-08 before going the way of the dreaded e-zine (although I must admit it's much easier, cheaper, and faster to do).

BUT---I'll always have the itch to do an old-school, print 'zine. Hence, this spring I'll be releasing (I hope to, anyway) a multi-purpose review zine titled ANTIBACTERIAL POPE. Anyone interested in reviewing any type of strange, bizarre, or basically untypical film, music, book, etc. feel free to contact me.

And you younger zinesters---keep doing what your heart tells you, even when you're almost 42 years old. It keeps you young!

-Nick


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog