zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, August 26, 2011

Grunted Warnings #12

Grunted Warnings #12
12 pages, digest

This one is from our friend and fellow reviewer, Stratu, (Blackguard, Sick Puppy, Atomiser.) Old school cut and paste zine comprised of odd news clippings and images. This is my third issue, and I have not detected any theme, other than being generally off beat. Some are funny, some sick, some sad, but most are mildly engaging. I liked this issue more than the previous two. I'm not sure why. Maybe the nice review Stratu gave my own recent zine softened me up. But Stratu reprints one of his bad reviews (by Elle X.) right on the back cover. So if you want a second opinion you can buy the zine and read that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog