zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Fütchi Perf


Fütchi Perf
84 pages,  6 x 9 inch
soft cover, saddle stitched, two color risograph
$18 delivered in USA

By artist and writer Kevin Czap.

I was excited to pick this up, partly because it's Cleveland based, and partly because it's very colorful and nicely produced. I was a little let down because I didn't really get it, although it wasn't boring at all. It was intriguing and engaging, and I wanted to understand and appreciate it, but I felt it was just over my head. 

What I would have wrote about it is that it seems to be about black or mixed race lesbians, or at least generally girl-centric, and that it was about hip hop culture, and that it was very dreamy. As it turns out, I wasn't too far off. I'll provide a link to the publisher's promo copy and you can read what they have to say about it. There's sample pages there too.

I'm not a great target audience for this, but it did make me stretch a bit, and that gave me some appreciation for the work.

The price is appropriate.

A digital version is available as well.



Review by Jack Cheiky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog