zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blackguard #3 : Crime Issue - Update

via Blackguard on 3/30/10
Some readers may be wondering about the sudden burst of activity around here. Well, the weekend before last, Jack Cheiky from Syndicated Zine Reviews invited me to be one of their zine reviewers. That was great news for me, and a real honour, since SZR was one of my three favourite zine review sources (along with Zine World and Xerography Debt). So ever since then I been tackling the pile of comix and zines I got since Blackguard #2 and churning out reviews. I don't know how I get so damn lazy, since writing comix and zine reviews is one of the few things I really love to do.

Blackguard #3, the Crime issue, is on course for a Winter 2010 release (or Summer for you Northerners). Contributions have been coming in faster now as the 30 April deadline approaches. So far I got stuff from Gerard Ashworth, Neale Blanden, Julie Doye, Kapreles, Damian McDonald, Henry L. Racicot,  SCAR, Glenn Smith and Ryan Vella. And that's not even a quarter of the folks I sent invitations out to. Some I know I'm gonna have to encourage via threats and car batteries, etc. because, it seems everybody is getting married now and having kids and got real jobs and not so much time anymore to do stuff they aren't gonna get paid for. If you were good at doodling or scribbling, you get paid for it nowadays. I ain't paying nobody! Not unless you count a copy or two of the comix they in. Shit, man, I don't even break even! But who cares anyway? I don't. I got a dumbass day job because I never did get me no edumacation, no sir. And I never was so great at scribblin' or doodlin' nohow. Just like to do it in my own primitive retard kinda way, that's enough for me. So, whaddya say? ... Uh... What am I saying? I don't know. ... Hello! Nice to meet ya! ...

Okay, here's a preview of the BG3 cover by Neale Blanden, it's just a B&W rough, the finished art is full glorious colour! ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog