zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, January 1, 2010

Doksagwa #1-2, South Korea, 2007

 
 

via punks is hippies - the blog! by Slobodan Burgher on 12/7/09
Hi punk,

My name is Geonhui and I am from Seoul, South Korea. I have been a regular visitor to your blog since almost two years ago.

Attached are the scanned images of the first two issues of Doksagwa, the single-sheet newsletter that I did back in 2007, mostly of personal writings about my frustration in and with the local punk rock scene, complete with a couple of "compulsory" music reviews.

Doksagwa is the Romanization as well as the transliteration of the Korean word, 독사과, meaning a "poisoned apple." I put out three issues in total, but by the time the third one was ready, I was so in a hurry preparing to fly to Southeast Asia (where I lived until the end of the year) that I lost the master copy. Hence, yes, just the other two.

I hope and believe that their exclusive availability in the Korean language will lead to disqualification from Punks Is Hippies, given that you already have publications written in Indonesian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and many others in your archive. :P

Peace,

Geonhui


Note: Click on images below to see larger size, right-click and "save as" to download. THANKS!

ISSUE ONE:



ISSUE TWO:


 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog