zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Sunday, August 12, 2007

SQUIRRELLY #1

SQUIRRELLY #1 Stories and Comics
40 pages, $4,

Usually when I get a new zine in I scan it to see if it is to my taste or if I should send it onto a reviewer who would enjoy it more. I opened the cover and there were all these swanky hand-drawn titles in the “Linoleum Table of Contents.” Hmm, looks interesting… then the second page has a cartoon that starts with “Nebula, a midget
from Mexico, and her kittens Jesus and Hitler.” Surreal, a blend of fiction (maybe), and well-drawn comix. A little expensive, but I enjoyed reading it.

Sue Cargill
5746 N Kenmore, #210
Chicago IL 60660
awkwardphobic@yahoo.com

-------------------------------------------------------

REVIEWED BY DAVIDA GYPSY BREIER
IN XEROGRAPHY DEBT #21 MARCH 2007
PO BOX 11064
BALTIMORE MD 21212
WWW.LEEKINGINC.COM
DAVIDA@LEEKINGINC.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog