zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, March 12, 2010

Next Issue: Eating disorders. Contributors wanted!!

 
 
 

via Wolverette Zine by wolverette on 2/24/10

Yee-ha! Wolverette is back!

I wanna start a new issue, themed EATING DISORDERS and you know, Wolverette Zine is nothing without your support and contributions!

The issue will be about eating disorders, problems with food, eating/non-eating related body issues of any kind.

I am looking for:

  • ARTICLES: from the personal to the political; from experiences to observations
  • POEMS: get kissed by the muse!
  • INTERVIEWS: You think an interview with you could be an interesting read? Tell me! You know an interesting person related to the topic you want to interview? Send it to me!
  • INFO-LINKS/ADRESSES: I wanna add a little list with links, addresses, numbers,… of helplines, info material, organisations,… that support people who struggle with eating disorders or know someone who does. Book reports also welcome!!!!

There is no deadline yet, you have plenty of time! As soon as one is set, I'll announce it here on the blog.

ATTENTION!! Please read!

  • The contributions have to be in English. I can translate from German if you want, but that's it.
  • Wolverette is meant to be Riot Grrrl, feminist and girl/women empowering. Please remember that when you make your submission! In case you're not sure, just read a bit through the site here, you'll then know what style Wolverette is basically about. Or just ask
  • I can't promise you'll get published, but you should have good chances. So far I never had to turn down a contribution. Just write with full heart & soul and try your best, I'm sure it'll be good then :)
  • IF you get published in the print issue, you will receive a free copy as soon as the issue is finished
  • You can of course stay completely anonymous if you prefer it that way, just then I won't be able to send you your gratis copy
  • Wolverette is a PRINT zine, consider that especially with your artsy contributions, wether the copy will come out well – cause I do it the old fashioned way, black&white and all DIY (hell, I use scissors and a glue stick…)

IF YOU SEND YOUR CONTRIBUTION, PLEASE ALSO TELL ME:

  • how I should credit you: The name beside your submission, what shall it be? Full name, first name, nickname, anonymous? Also remember that your contribution+cred might appear later in the internet, here on this site.
  • Your postal address in case you want your gratis copy. This isn't mandatory but if you want a copy, I need a postal address I can send it to.
  • You can have a contact published next to your contribution for feedback or other stuff – for example your myspace, blog, E-Mail, Band- or Project-homepage,… not necessary but you can if you wish

WHERE TO SEND? -> wolverette.zine at yahoo dot de

WANT YOUR AD TO APPEAR IN THE NEXT ISSUE? click here!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Love&Respect

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog