zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"these are the nights that make us feel we belong"

 
 

Sent to you by Jack via Google Reader:

 
 

via the juniper bends as if it were listening by juniperbug on 3/4/10


I made a noise album. It's something I've been wanting to do since I was a youngster delivering newspapers and day- dreaming of a brighter future. I don't know what took me so long. I guess I figured that I needed lots of fancy, expensive equipment; but no, you can make noise with anything really. This is experimental music that I made with my guitar, amplifiers, distortion pedals, tape recorders, typewriter, mouth and various other things. Some of it has a melodic, song-like quality to it, other parts are just chaotic. I call my noise project Hot Virus, and my first release is called Science, part 1. It's 8 tracks (22.5 minutes) on a mini-disc. You can purchase one if you'd like to (or just send some kind of trade). The cost is $2 or whatever. Send orders/requests to:
Dan Murphy, PO Box 363, Edwardsville IL, 62025, USA
.......
Also, music by my one-man pop punk band, The Mildews, was recently featured in a short film made by No Fun Films called Bike Tunnels. You should check it out. The film discusses a pretty interesting concept.
.......
Make music and stuff.

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog