zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bay Area Free Book Exchange

 
 

Sent to you by Jack via Google Reader:

 
 

via dangerous compassions by Laura-Marie on 8/25/09

Lucky for us, the Bay Area Free Book Exchange had good signs up, so we were able to find the place having forgotten to write down the address. I enjoyed looking through all the books. They were unsorted, though there were category words taped to the shelves. There was no poetry section, unfortunately. Oh, well, there was a little sorting--there was an area with a few maps. I almost snagged one to use for envelope making but thought it would be better if someone wanted them as maps.

I got Virginia Woolf's The Years and Thomas Hardy's The Mayor of Casterbridge to give away--I have and loved both. I got Writing a Woman's Life by Carolyn Heilbrun and Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri for me. Carolyn Heilbrun is a writer I like--she wrote some mysteries under the name of Amanda Cross. And Interpreter of Maladies is a book I tried listening to on Playaway during my long trip--I found it boring. But maybe it would read better on paper, so I was tickled to find that.

Erik got Lolita, which I spotted for him, and something I can't remember as well as Blue Highways which he picked up for his best friend T.

I need to think of who to give the Hardy and the Woolf to. Anyone reading want either? Just let me know.

 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog