zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Zeen Review: List #9

 
 

via Simon Gray's Web Candy on 4/11/08


LIST# 9 by Ramsey Beyer

I usually avoid overseas zeens but lately I've been travelling across the USA via Google satellite photos. From New York to LA, just following photos of roads in a south westerly direction. & Along the way I was delighted to find myself in Baltimore, Maryland, where this zeen comes from. I picked it up hoping to find out more about Baltimore, but I think I just know more about Ramsey Beyer. There were hints of a groovy underground DIY culture, but that wasn't what the zeen was really all about. Ramsey likes things in list form, so that's what you get. It covers some personal ambitions & experiences as well as listing things in her home & a little around town. The lists have a cut & paste layout with cute cartoons on them. That only lasts for about half the zeen though. The other half is lists from contributors with a variety of styles, formats & approaches, referred to as 'guest lists'. This stuff is really removed from the first half & adds a lot more colour & fun to the zeen, not that it was lacking in all that stuff to begin with. But the whole zeen works well in that order, but I wouldn't necessarily rate it as super duper amazing overall either. Pleasant nonetheless. A5 Portrait format B&W guts with yellow paper skin, mine was $3.50. Write to ramseybeyer at gmail dot com


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog