zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, May 30, 2008

Zeen Review: Analog Apocalypse #4

ANALOG APOCALYPSE #4 by Various

This is a fairly typical punk fanzine. It's a4 portrait format, B&W & staple bound. There's quite a lot of white font on black & in A4 format I'm sure whoever owned the copier this got manufactured on may have been a bit peeved. I've come to respect my copiers too much to give them that kind of punishment & I was checking my fingers for toner rub-off while I read it. It's got rants by 'Uncle Matty' & loads of articles on bands, guitarists & reviews of gigs & albums. Like 'Feminista' I perk up when there's an article on something venturing away from strict punk, like I found out about Sun Ra through this zeen. But my favourite article was a collection of e-mails from Mark of the Beast detailing his European holiday & visiting his gal pal Berliner Bun, something much closer to the perzine journalism I'm more @ home with, this is what I'll 'Analog Apocalypse' #4 for.

http://www.myspace.com/analogapocalypse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog