zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, May 30, 2008

The Night Life of Trees

via katy*art by noreply@blogger.com (katy) on 5/23/08
Last week was the week of awesome mail! First off, I received this book:
The Night Life of Trees
It's called the Night Life of Trees. It was published by Tara books in India and it is Bee-a-u-ti-ful! It's completely hand bound and Screen printed. Each page has a different tree and a little bit of Indian folklore to accompany the tree.The drawings were made by by three artists of the Gond tribe of Central India- Bhajju Shyam, Durga Bai, and Ram Singh Urveti. I just love the warm colors on the black paper. I've been seeing a lot of work on black backgrounds lately and I really love how it looks! Anyways, here are some of my fave pages:
The Night life of Trees

The Night life of Trees

The Night life of Trees
Actually, the person I need to thank most for this discovery is Miss Julia Rothman, who posted about this gem on her blog, Book By It's Cover. By the way, that is one of my fave blogs of the moment...if you dig all things book related, check it out, and often!

Allright, moving on...I was very thrilled to open my mailbox and find this:
King Brown magazine (cover by Jeremy Fish)
It's the new issue of King Brown magazine (from Australia!). It's a really high quality mag. Check out the rad cover by Mr. Jeremy Fish.

Anyways, they feature several artists from all over the place and I got to be one of them! Each artist answered the same questions and we each got a little spread with pictures of our work and work places. Here's mine:
King Brown magazine

King Brown magazine

King Brown magazine
Oh yeah, each artist has a page that shows their favorite studio items. That was fun to see. The mag is kind of hard to find in the us, but if you are interested, there is a list of vendor on their site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog