zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sunday Secrets

 
 

Sent to you by Jack via Google Reader:

 
 

via PostSecret by noreply@blogger.com (postsecret) on 5/30/09




PostSecret is an ongoing community art project where people
mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a postcard.









-----Email Message-----

Maybe he can't help it. I clear my throat all the time and I know it annoys people. But I can't help it I have Tourette Syndrome.  It's suppose to lessen when one grows up, but some tics just don't go away.  

-Catherine




-----Email Message-----

Maybe, that was the cat helping you through a very difficult time and then knowing you'd be okay.




-----Email Message-----

Knowing the woman you cheated on me with bothers me more than knowing you cheated. 


-----Email Message-----

Knowing that you're still going to get married to her bothers me more than knowing that we cheat on her.




















-----Email Message-----

On Sunday morning, I was talking to my best friend on Facebook when she posted me a link to a new PostSecret. She told me that it had to do with what she needed to talk to me about.

When I clicked the link and saw the secret, I realized it was mine. When I replied to her, shocked, that I had sent in that secret, she almost wasn't surprised, even though she had no way of knowing it was mine.

She then confessed to me that she had recently self-injured, but hadn't told me as she thought it would make me feel guilty or disappointed. So because my secret was posted, my friend could reveal the secret she had been keeping.




PostSecret Community







-----Email Message-----

my relationship with the piano has been more abusive and yet rewarding than any relationship i've ever had with any human being.







See more secrets. Follow PostSecret on Twitter.






-----Email Message-----

Dear Frank,

I went to the PostSecret exhibit recently and left a secret on a pink index card that said:

I skipped school today.
My eating disorder is back.
I've started cutting again.

On my way home I went to my family's health care provider to ask for help, but instead of helping me they got frustrated with my inability to communicate what was wrong and told me they couldn't do anything.

I left numb with dejection and hopelessness. I went home and cut myself. I still don't know why. But I cleaned myself up and just sat in my room staring outside for a long long time before picking up my PostSecret books and reading through all of them completely. I felt a little less alone.

I have no idea if this is the right email address to send this to or if you will even read it. But I am writing this to say Thank you for showing me that I am not alone in my solitude. Thank you for taking time. Thank you for giving the gift of PostSecret.



Current PostSecret Art Exhibitions




Everson Museum of Art, Syracuse, NY
Open Now - July 12, 2009

Hillyer Art Space, Washington, DC
Open Now - June 26, 2009

Haas Gallery of Art, Bloomsburg, PA
June 2009 - July 2009

Housatonic Museum of Art, Bridgeport, CT
August 2009 - September 2009

Yellowstone Art Museum, Billings, MT
October 2009 - January 2010

Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
February 2010 - April 2010

Miami Dade Public Library, Miami, FL
May 2010 - June 2010


If you are interested in hosting either of the two PostSecret exhibits at your gallery or museum anytime between now and 2012 please contact -
Gwen Van Ostern (email) gwenv@artsandartists.org.


 
 

Things you can do from here:

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog