zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Loose Meat Sandwich #1




Loose Meat Sandwich #1

This is a zine from creative collective Teflon Beast. In the intro it says the zine was inspired by reading My Own Mag - an experimental lit mag from the 60s which published the work of William S. Burroughs (amongst others). There isn't much content in this first issue - some experimental poems created using iPhone autocorrect and some brightly coloured illustrations of faces. There is also a playlist that accompanies the zine on the Teflon Beast bandcamp page that features an eclectic mix of bands and musicians. I'm afraid Loose Meat Sandwich has not won me over. The zine is a little bit too 'polished' for my taste and it seems to only exist in order to promote the music. If they go again for another issue I would like a little more meat in my sandwich.

order
Loose Meat Sandwich #1


review by Martin Applyby
reprinted with permission from
http://www.inpursuitofexpression.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog