zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Monday, February 7, 2011

Mel Stringer Kicks Ass


Mel Stringer just posted something really cool about Blackguard #3 and Grunted Warning #5 on her blog.
We traded zines when I contacted her after seeing a review of her zine Scene Mean - the review was bizarre, mostly consisting of a mystifying defence of 'hipsters', but luckily the reviewer posted one of the gags from Mel's zine, the Baby Shower one. It was funny as hell. So I immediately wrote to Mel, which led to us trading zines. ... I already wrote about all this, didn't I?... Anyway, I mainly wanted to plug Mel's blog and in particular the very nice things she wrote about my zines.
Thanks Mel! You totally rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog