zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Comment on I Lost My Sense Of Irony In Brisbane.

joe has left a new comment on your post "I Lost My Sense Of Irony In Brisbane":

Hello there, I found this posting after proofing your reviews in Xerography Debt. And since it seems like you are doing the ideal thing: asking for information, I thought I should respond. Microcosm acts as a distro for each zine, just like any other distro. While I can see how our name can be confusing, we order finished copies that are printed by the zinester, put them in a box in our house, list them on our website, and send them to the people that order them. I don't know where the rumor comes from that we reprint zines without the author's permission and keep the money. Do you have some examples of these zines or people that we should talk to about this? Moreso, like a nonprofit, we don't have any profit, operation on a mission statement, and publish our financial reports so you can see how we spend our money. As far as me personally, I have been described as emotionally abusing my ex-wife during our relationship. It is undeniable that she has been hurt and is scared by my actions and I am doing my best to make good on that. I have done all of the objective things asked of me as a result and you can find lots of specifics about this if you google it. Of course all of these things are complex and hard to take in. There's virtually no models for how you move on from accusations like this in our community, and so largely people don't. If you want to contact me, you can reach me at joe@microcosmpublishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog