Saturday, October 30, 2010


from Randy Spaghetti

Mark Novotony
5413 6th ave
Countryside, IL 60525
Hardcore punk zine! Hardcore punk zine! In the tradition of zines like ItS ALIVE, TEN THINGS JESUS WANTS YOU TO KNOW, HeartattaCk, and MAXIMUMROCKNROLL, THE FURY is a breath of fresh air in the oversaturated and aesthetically devoid world of music blogs. The layout is mostly cut & paste and gives it that true DIY feeling and spirit, something I always respond positively to in zines. Interviews with Dez Cadena, 97 Shiki, Antioch Arrow, Bill Daniel, Volcano!, and Nation of Ulysses, and a really informative, in-depth article about Abbie Hoffman and Jerry Rubin that reminded me again of just why I love Abbie Hoffman. I love pictures of bands kicking ass and this zine is full of them. Over the years I have kept nearly every zine I’ve ever received, and I put zines like this into their own special place in my collection. Whenever I need inspiration I will pull out random copies and just thumb through them, simply for that DIY aesthetic which always gets me
active and creative. The FURY is a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Syndicated Zine Reviews