zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Monday, July 18, 2011

Sawbones

Sawbones

Just arrived, on my desk at least, are a couple of titles deposited by the publisher, Sock Puppet comics. I could easily write paragraphs about what I enjoy about these titles (cool illustrations, excellent production values and inserts to Undead Agony Aunts, etc.) but really I think the publishers’ name and the header that jumps out at me from the cover of issue 1 “A Sawbones Adventure Zomedy” pretty much says it all. Sawbones is on my desk at the moment as I’m trying to figure out if it’s a serial or multi-vol. It may seem like a minor point but the decision will affect how the items are catalogued.

Sawbones

Sawbones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog