zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Media Junky #12 Summer 2010

via Blackguard on 8/10/10

[16 pages, half digest size, $1/trade/nice letter, from Jason Rodgers, PO Box 8512, Albany NY 12208, USA ]
A terrific little reviewzine whose mission is to "Promote authentic DIY production and cultural engineering. Provide contacts to increase the nodal connection in the underground to the point of infinite iteration."
Every zine reviewed has a real actual physical contact address. Not one email address or URL to be found. I love that. (Although it makes me wonder if Jason would object to my reviewing his zine here.)
Most of these zines I've never heard of - they never get reviewed in XD or ZW anyway - so MJ is a great discovery for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog