zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Friday, December 28, 2007

(The Incredibly True Adventures of a Kid and His Starship) #1

via NeuFutur Magazine by admin on 12/27/07

“The Sex Issue” - Really, the title does better about telling a potential reader about what this issue of the zine is about than any job I could do. Still, the story is about Vermicious Knid’s adventures with outdoor sex and his partner Kelly. The politics of circumstance strike Vermicious Knid badly both times, as the sex is interrupted both times to amusing factors. Now, I’m too much of a wimp to ever have outdoor sex, but what Vermicious Knid describes in the zine really puts me off outdoor sex that much more. I mean, what happens both times (I am purposely being vague to leave the mystique of the magazine complete) seems almost too hard to believe, but are just enough in the realm of the realistic to scare the bejesus out of me. The zine is pretty small, and Vermicious Knid apologizes for it, but it is still totally worth the money ($1 postpaid I believe) that the editor sells it for. This is not an one-shot zine, so you may be able to go get a later issue of this zine, as I am not totally sure if a new issue has been released. The zine is not all text either, and the background pictures really do a good job in foreshadowing events that happen later in the narrative. Send the money or equivalent trade to Lupine Ladies Press, PO Box 543, Accokeek MD 20607.

Rating : 7.8/10


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog