zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Sunday, November 8, 2015

A High Degree of Spring Fever

A High Degree of Spring Fever




Prose poems of drugs, cigarettes, bugs, sex, and sustained high drama--lotsa grit, cities.  No overall storyline, that I could find--just fragments.  It's beautifully made physically with nice paper and a few pretty pictures.  My main complaint is that everything is at the same volume--I would have appreciated variation in the emotions. It's all different kinds of loss, but I couldn't plug in anywhere.  I couldn't enter it.  Some people would really like it, but it's not for me.

A High Degree of Spring Fever by Elizabeth Maycox
http://elizabethmaycox.co.uk/spring.php


Review by Laura-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog