zine, [zeen] noun. 1. abbr. of fanzine; 2. any amateurly-published periodical. Oxford Reference

..

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Craft Leftovers Monthly / Zinalogue

 
 

via CraftyPod by Sister-Diane on 10/8/09

Ack! I'm developing a stockpile of new zines I want to share with you. I better get on this…

So, I just received my October Craft Leftovers Monthly. I know I've said it before, but I find this zine so charming, and it's been so fun to watch it grow over the past year.

The theme of this issue is Outdoor Crafting. And as usual, Kristin has packed it with crafty ideas. You can learn about outdoor stamping, build a fairy house in your garden, dye some yarn with walnut hulls, or toast up some pumpkin seeds, to name a few.

(Ooh- and I got the zine + kit option, so I also have this outdoor weaving kit to play with!)

…Not to mention, adorable pictures of Little Kristin!

And then, there's this most-intriguing zine from Su, who continues to amaze and delight with her publishing adventures.

It's a zine about postcards, which mails as a postcard. How cool is that?

Cut open the cover, and you have all kinds of interesting reading about the humble postcard, which, as Su says, is one of the easiest, most eco-friendly forms of written communication around.

In fact, in the center of the zine, you'll find postcard-size labels so you can turn any piece of card stock into a postcard. You can also weave on it, and participate in Su's Handwoven Postcard Project.

…And tucked into the back cover, a little surprise for me! A Zinalogue, which is a brilliant idea of Su's. (Follow that link and read all about it!)

I have a cool doodling zine from Su to share with you, as well as the new issue of Mixtape – Soon, I promise!

©2009 CraftyPod. All Rights Reserved.

.

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog